Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Phuket



Got to Phuket yesterday and it finally feels like I'm on Holiday! The weather is good and it's alot less humid/busy than Bangkok. Our flight to Phuket was delayed by about 45 minutes but Air Asia are famous for their delays so I think we did alright with just that! The flight was pretty quick and I saw some cool little islands in the middle of nowhere.
We expected the hotel to be good but it's far better than even that! The rooms are really really nice with tile floors and bathrooms, a Balcony and a really high ceiling. This is the view from my room at the Karona Resort and Spa:



Most of our first day was spent chilling in and around the pool! In the evening we checked out the beach and had a walk around Karon and Kata. Not much else to report!
PS - The internet cafes here double up as international phone places which is where I have been ringing from. They close early in Phuket for some reason so with time difference I'd be ringing about 4 or 5. There are phone boxes here and all I need is a card which I should be able to sort out today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wanna know more abt the hotel Karon Resort and Spa. Would u plz tell me more abt it and the view points and restaurants nearby? Thank you so much!

my masn and email:
cherry_wonderland@hotmail.com