Sunday, April 20, 2008

Day one

I felt so much better today!! Woke up about 2:30pm and decided that we should take it easy today so we went to Central World Mall, which is apparently the largest in South East Asia. It was huge! No pictures just yet unfortunately but I'll post some when I can.

Really lazy day today though - We ended up having lunch at the food hall in the mall. You get a card and hand that over at the various food vendors and than pay for it all at the end. I had what was basically fried chicken and rice but I didn't trust it and left most of it! We decided to check out the cinema and noticed there was a new film called The Forbidden Kingdom which has both Jackie Chan and Jet Li in it! Needless to say we were straight in. The cinemas are much cheaper (about 2 quid) and much nicer in Bangkok than in England. The chairs recline quite a long way and they have proper ushers with flashlights and everything! You also have to stand and pay respects to the King before the film starts. The film wasn't bad, a bit like neverending story with Kung Fu instead of Dragons.

After Tea in a really posh restaurant (2 courses and a drink cost about 3 quid) in our shorts, we went to the cinema again . . . This time some film with Keanu Reeves in called Street Kings. When we came out the whole Mall was shut and the lights turned off! We followed some people out into the street and managed to get a taxi back and found the internet cafe I'm in now!

Forgot to say. . . A ladyboy grabbed me last night! I was walking past and he/she grabbed me and tried to plant a kiss on my cheek!!! I managed to get away from him/her and Scott found it very funny. You haven't been to Bangkok until you've been harrassed by a chickboy!

No comments: