Monday, April 21, 2008

Bangkok Day 2

Just a quick one. . .

Woke up at past 2 again (but that's only 8am ish in England time), and went out for some lunch at a Thai place. We planned to go and see the palace but no-one seemed to know where it was! I stopped a taxi and asked him how much to the Palace and he looked at me blankly so I tried how much to the parace and that didn't work either!

We decided to walk in the baking heat and ended up spending most of the day just walking round Bangkok. Never did find the parace!! Bangkok has got terrible traffic congestion, but it used to be much worse so they built the Skytrain which hangs above Sukhumvit road and is basically a Metro system. We discovered a Skytrain Station and decided to have a go and we ended up at Siam Square, Bangkok's answer to Times Square apparently. It wasn't anything like Times Square! Dissapointed, we returned to our hotel to cool down after a quick tea at Sizzler and an even Quicker ice cream at Haagen Dasz. That's our second day over already! The days are a lot shorter when you sleep through most of them! I'm much more jetlagged this time but hopefully that'll sort itsself out.

Tomorrow we fly to Phuket with Air Asia. We fly at 10:50 so I'll have to actually get out of bed at a reasonable time! We should make it to Phuket for 12:15 and then hopefully we'll have a nice relaxing 8 days in Karon Beach until it's time to move on again.

I'll upload some pictures when I get chance.

No comments: