Elephant Trekking was the most bizarre experience yet! The camp had five elephants and for some reason they gave us the biggest and most grumpy one they had. If you look at the picture, you'll notice what looks like a wooden watch tower in the background. We had to climb that and step off it onto the seat strapped to the elephants back (the back of the seat was a metal bar and was unbelievably uncomfortable). When we set off, the elephant had to climb up a hill that was virtually verticle and he got to the top and decided he didn't want to do the last bit. The guy was shouting at the elphant and prodding it with a hook and on one side was sheer drop! That was only the start of what I am now calling the "Elephant Terror Ride" through the jungle. Well I say jungle but it was more like a wood. On several occasions I thought it was going to go on a rampage or just off a cliff, however I'm pleased to say it didn't. At one point we even went up a busy road! Not exactly Jungle Trekking as we expected but an experience nonetheless.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment